Wednesday, December 29, 2010

...and Rice

And now I have rice!  We were actually running low on rice so this was a nice time to buy fresh.  I had visions of buying the 20 pound bags but I honestly don't know how to store that much rice safely.

I do already have Arborio rice that I've never opened, and there are so many more types of rice to try.   I was  overwhelmed in the rice aisle.  All the rices pretty much look the same.  At least the beans look different so you know if you are buying different things!

Did you know there are more than 7,000 different types of rice?  Neither did I, until I did a little research. I found this simple page that has a nice explanation of the parts of rice and an interesting recipe for Baked Rice Pudding.  Yum!

I absolutely welcome suggestions on different rices to try and new recipe ideas.  A year is a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment