Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bags and Bags of Beans

Today, I bought a bag of every type of bean at the grocery store. I have this illusion that I'm going to be organized and use dried beans, as they are really cheap and some people think they have better flavor than canned beans. I think the reality is that I will use just as many canned beans, but a girl has to start somewhere.

The more I think about it, the more I am either excited or terrified at this little project I've allegedly started. I really, really do not want to be one of those bloggers who goes all gung-ho at the beginning and then disappears. (Especially if they have an excellent name at blogspot and it is being wasted!) On the other hand, I am wondering how long it is before my kids gang up on me and refuse to eat anything that has either beans or rice. I intend to get creative, and track down recipes for fun things like black bean brownies and rice pudding, but I still think they will start to push back sooner rather than later.

Heck, I'll be lucky if I make it to February.

No comments:

Post a Comment