Sunday, January 23, 2011

Slow Cooker Love



I love using a slow cooker.  I think it is an essential kitchen tool, especially for people who are often out of the house and come home hungry.


We passed on our 110 volt slow cooker when we moved overseas, as I'm not comfortable putting a slow cooker through a transformer and leaving it all day.  It took me a while to track down a 220 volt slow cooker but I finally found one.  It was a bit expensive, but a slow cooker is always a good investment.

Unless you break the crock a month later.

And the store is out of them.

So now, I have a slow cooker shell sitting in my study, hoping that a replacement crock will appear.  And I have a list of slow cooker recipes that is getting pretty darn big.  And I'm sad.

So, now you know why you haven't seen any slow cooker recipes yet.  I promise, once I get a new crock or whole new pot, you will be seeing lots of slow cooker recipes.  In the meantime, I'm learning to use my new dutch oven for slow-cooker type cooking in the oven, and I'm keeping my eyes open for a new pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment