Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tacos (not on Tuesday)

 
Tonight, my very nice cousin and sister made dinner while I ran around town like a mad woman, manning Girl Scout cookie booths and playing general chauffeur.  I missed most of the preparation but here is the scrumptious result.


Tacos are one of the few things that everyone in my family likes.  We typically have ground beef, beans (black and/or kidney), corn, olives, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and anything else that might be lurking around the refrigerator and looking likely.  I also serve both hard corn tortillas and soft flour tortillas, to enhance the likability quotient.  I usually serve rice to round things out, and maybe cornbread.  I'm always amazed at the combinations my kids put together.  It would never occur to me to make a sour cream and olive taco!

One daughter commented that Tacos were supposed to be on Tuesday but she ate anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Is that all u eat is tacos and mexican? Just saying.

    ReplyDelete